LANCASTER SCHOOL BOARD PROCEEDINGS
The Lancaster School Board met in regular session on Tuesday, November 13, 2012, at 7:00 p.m. in the school district office. The following members were present: Hanson, Nelson, Sjostrand, B. Weleski, J. Weleski. Also present were Supt. Homstad, AD Evan Hanson, Teacher Rep. Dianna Matthew and Mendy Coffield. Absent: Jerome.
Chairperson Sjostrand called the meeting to order. The agenda was approved with one addition. Motion by B. Weleski, second by Hanson. UC.
On a motion by B. Weleski, second by Hanson the minutes of the October 9, 2012, regular school board meeting were approved as presented. UC.
On a motion by Hanson, second by J. Weleski, Electronic Funds Transfers (EFTs) were approved in the amount of $49,172.20, and bills were approved for payment as presented in the amount of $102,301.10. Check numbers 35947-36012. UC.
The Budget and Treasurer’s reports were reviewed.
Supt. Homstad presented the Administrative Report:
1. American Education Week is this week. Board members were thanked for their service to Lancaster School.
2. Four new students were enrolled today.
3. December and January board meeting dates conflict with boys’ basketball games. December’s meeting will remain as scheduled. Members will be contacted to see if Wednesday, January 9th works for the January meeting. A meeting time will also be discussed.
4. Region 1 Joint Powers Board Election information was distributed.
5. ESD update – The new Extended School Day program seems to be working well at Lancaster School. Only two students are on the ineligibility list and a record number are on the Honor Roll for the 1st quarter.
On a motion by Nelson, second by B. Weleski, and carried: Be It Resolved, that the Board of Education of Independent School District 356, adopts the 2012/13 Lancaster School Seniority List as presented by Supt. Homstad.
On a motion by B. Weleski second by Hanson and carried: BE IT RESOLVED by the School Board of Lancaster School District 356, State of Minnesota, as follows:
1. It is hereby found, determined and declared that the general election of the voters of this school district held on November 6, 2012, in conjunction was in all respects duly and legally called and held.
2. As specified in the attached Abstract and Return of Votes Cast on the election of three school board members for a four-year term on the board caused by expiration of term on the first Monday in January next following the general election as follows:
Matt Nordin 279
Brian Weleski 273
James Diamond 254
Julie Sjostrand 233
Jan Weleski 186
Write ins 17
3. Candidate’s James Diamond, Matt Nordin, and Brian Weleski having received the highest number of votes are elected to four-year terms beginning on the first Monday in January 2013.
4. The school district clerk is hereby authorized to certify the results of the election to the county auditor.
WITNESS MY HAND officially as Clerk of said School District this 13th day of November 2012.
School District Clerk
On a motion by Hanson, second by Nelson, and carried: Be It Resolved, that the Board of Education of Independent School District 356, has reviewed the fundraising report for the school district as required by the State of Minnesota.
On a motion by B. Weleski, second by Hanson, and carried: Be It Resolved, that the Board of Education of Independent School District 356, accepts the $120.00 Dean’s Foods donation and agrees to transfer to the Lancaster PTCO to be used for student activities.
Discussion was held on the MSBA conference on January 17th and 18th.
Sjostrand noted she will be attending a MSBA Delegate Assembly on December 7th and 8th.
The meeting was adjourned at 7:19 pm on a motion by Hanson, second by B. Weleski. UC.
The next meeting will be held on Tuesday, December 11, 2012, at 7:00 pm.
Julie Sjostrand, Chairperson
Jan Weleski, Clerk
(Nov. 28, 2012)