DNR’s COVID-19 response: What you need to know
In accordance with guidance from the Minnesota Department of Health, we have adjusted our services, events and operations to protect Minnesotans and prevent further spread of COVID-19.
Our public lands remain open but we have closed some buildings. We have canceled or postponed many public events and meetings including elk input meetings in northwest Minnesota. State parks, state forests, recreation areas and other public lands remain open. The following facilities will remain open at state parks:
• Outdoor areas, campgrounds, camper cabins, yurts, remote campsites, overnight lodging facilities and some group centers.
• Highway rest areas at Grand Portage, Gooseberry Falls and Tettegouche state parks.
• Bathrooms, shower buildings and vault toilets that are already open for the season will remain open.
• Park offices, visitor centers, nature stores, trail centers, indoor interpretive exhibits and enclosed picnic shelters.
• Most park bathrooms with running water are still closed for the season and will remain closed.
We urge the public to do business with us by phone, email or online. Use email at email@example.com or phone at 888-646-6367 or 651-296-6157.
Please check our COVID-19 webpage at https://www. dnr.state.mn.us/covid-19.html regularly for additions and modificiations to this list. To receive future updates by email on impacts to specific public lands and facilities, go to our signup page at https://www.dnr.state. mn.us/emailupdates/index .html and subscribe to the DNR topics you are interested in.
Hours are 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. Monday through Friday and 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Saturday.