NOTICE OF COUNTY-OWNED
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that Kittson County shall, to the highest bidder, sell the following described parcel:
• Property Identification Number: 16-005-0520
• Approximate Acreage: 3.67
• Legal Description: A tract of land in the South one-half of the Northwest one-quarter of Section Five (5), Township One Hundred Sixty (160) North, Range Forty-six (46) West; commencing at the southwest corner of said quarter, thence northerly along the west section line of said section a distance of 400 ft.; thence to the right, in an easterly direction at right angles, a distance of 400 ft.; thence to the right in a southerly direction, at right angles, a distance of 400 feet to the south boundary line of the South one-half of the Northwest one-quarter (S1/2 NW ¼) of said Section 5 a distance of 400 ft. to the point of beginning, and containing approximately 3.67 acres, more or less.
Sale shall be subject to the following conditions:
1. The property shall be sold to the highest bidder.
2. The property is sold “as is.”
3. All property sales are final.
4. Purchased properties are subject to existing leases of record.
5. Existing easements remain with the property, such as existing road and/or railroad easements or right of-ways; easements obtained by a governmental entity for a public purpose; and any other permanent easement of record.
6. The County retains all iron ore and other valuable mineral rights in and upon the lands.
7. Sealed bids must be submitted to the County Administrator at Suite 208, 410 5th Street S, Hallock, MN 56728 by September 3, 2021.
8. Bids should include the name, address, phone number, and signature of the prospective bidder.
9. Bids will be considered at 9:00 A.M. on September 7, 2021 in conjunction with the Kittson County Board of Commissioners regular board meeting at the Kittson County Courthouse, 410 5th Street S, Hallock, MN 56728.12.
10. Successful bidders will have 10 business days to execute the sale and provide payment. Payment shall consist of a check, payable to Kittson County, for the total amount payable. The final purchase amount includes: accepted bid (sale) amount, State Deed Tax (sale amount x 0.0033) and Recording Fee (currently $46.00; Torrens parcels may require additional fees).
11. Should the successful bidder not submit the payment in time, the parcel(s) may be awarded to the next highest bidder who must comply with the deadline and manner for payment as described in item 12 of these conditions. In the case of tie bids, the successful bidder will be decided by the toss of a coin by the County Administrator.
(August 11, 18, 25, 2021)